Cover letter and resumes should be addressed to:
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 871570
Vancouver, WA 98687
Please be sure to reference the job title in your reply.
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
Position: Construction Site Coordinator, 1.0 FTE
Reports to: Construction Manager
Summary: Supervises all aspects of Habitat’s new construction and home repair projects. Teaches, coaches and leads a diverse group of enthusiastic volunteers who possess the broadest possible range of skill levels, providing excellent volunteer experiences.
- Lead and supervise on-site construction efforts including safety briefings and jobsite orientations
- Ensure a safe, fun and high quality experience directing up to 20 volunteers at one time
- Assure adequate materials are available each workday
- Interpret construction drawings and be able to gather tools and materials necessary for daily activities
- Plan and execute daily activities for anticipated number of volunteers
- Teach and coach diverse group of skilled and unskilled volunteers in appropriate and safe activities related to construction
- Insure compliance with applicable sustainable building standards, safety regulations, and affiliate policies
- Prepare material takeoffs both on site and from drawings
- Prepare documentation for permitting and inspections based on local jurisdiction requirements
- Schedule building and utility inspections as needed
- Maintain good relationships with inspectors, vendors, volunteers, donors and other onsite visitors
- Maintain inventory of materials and tools and communicate needs to Construction Manager.
- Effectively communicate with Construction Manager, subcontractors and other staff on construction progress and potential issues.
- Support and endorse the Habitat for Humanity mission
- Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead, teach and motivate volunteer work crews
- Construction supervision skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to plan, budget and schedule
- Ability to manage multiple variables in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, calm and good-natured
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel; prefer knowledge of MS Project
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices
- Ability to train persons of varying skill levels and to work with a wide spectrum of people in a collaborative way
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive pickup and trailer as needed. Access to a car is required to fill some of the duties of this position.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays. (General work schedule is 8:00-4:00, Tuesday through Saturday.)
- Physically able to work on outdoor construction site in all kinds of weather, lift 50 lbs. repeatedly, stand, reach, climb ladders, balance, see and hear.
Salary and benefits:
Starting annual salary of $31,200. Benefits include 100% paid medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and matching retirement program.
Submit resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references to Josh Townsley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin July 18, 2017. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political ideology, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, physical or mental handicap, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity Office
Title: Development Intern (unpaid)
Reports to: Development Director – Amy Lodholz – email@example.com.
With support and training by Community Outreach Coordinator – Heather Cochrun.
Schedule: Complete 60 (or more) hours in 10 weeks (or less). Work days are flexible – with some telecommuting allowed by request.
Description: Evergreen Habitat for Humanity is a busy, multi-faceted growing nonprofit. We are looking for administrative office support to contribute to our programs in outreach, volunteer management and development. Specifically, this person will be trained in database administration – a fundamental skill in many nonprofit positions – the candidate will be working in research, communications, development and marketing. This internship is a great way to experience and learn about the inner workings of a healthy, high functioning nonprofit.
This position has a zero tolerance ‘no-show’ policy. Upon completion of your internship, you will be processed through an exit interview where an updated resume will be reviewed and next steps for continued success will be recommended. Questions? Contact Amy at 360-737-1759 x 208.
Qualifications: Must be able to write and communicate in English on a computer with no grammatical or spelling errors. Must be 18 years or older.
- Submit weekly journal and timecard for review by supervisor detailing activities and as you progress in your internship, how they connect to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Schedule 15-minute information interview with 2 staff positions to gain exposure to various career paths and nonprofit staffing structure
- Build content in contact database using search functions online
- Add new contacts to eTapestry database
- Add volunteer hours and data to database from construction site activities
- Be attentive with activities at college campus, and other groups for upcoming networking and outreach opportunities.
- Manage email list – updating bounced records and expanding list with new contact information
- Support social media endeavors – Facebook, etc.
To Apply: Submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org briefly explaining your interest in serving in this position and what your career aspirations are.