Cover letter and resumes should be addressed to:
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 871570
Vancouver, WA 98687
Please be sure to reference the job title in your reply.
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity Office
Title: Development Intern (unpaid)
Reports to: Development Director – Amy Lodholz – firstname.lastname@example.org.
With support and training by Community Outreach Coordinator – Heather Cochrun.
Schedule: Complete 60 (or more) hours in 10 weeks (or less). Work days are flexible – with some telecommuting allowed by request.
Description: Evergreen Habitat for Humanity is a busy, multi-faceted growing nonprofit. We are looking for administrative office support to contribute to our programs in outreach, volunteer management and development. Specifically, this person will be trained in database administration – a fundamental skill in many nonprofit positions – the candidate will be working in research, communications, development and marketing. This internship is a great way to experience and learn about the inner workings of a healthy, high functioning nonprofit.
This position has a zero tolerance ‘no-show’ policy. Upon completion of your internship, you will be processed through an exit interview where an updated resume will be reviewed and next steps for continued success will be recommended. Questions? Contact Amy at 360-737-1759 x 208.
Qualifications: Must be able to write and communicate in English on a computer with no grammatical or spelling errors. Must be 18 years or older.
- Submit weekly journal and timecard for review by supervisor detailing activities and as you progress in your internship, how they connect to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Schedule 15-minute information interview with 2 staff positions to gain exposure to various career paths and nonprofit staffing structure
- Build content in contact database using search functions online
- Add new contacts to eTapestry database
- Add volunteer hours and data to database from construction site activities
- Be attentive with activities at college campus, and other groups for upcoming networking and outreach opportunities.
- Manage email list – updating bounced records and expanding list with new contact information
- Support social media endeavors – Facebook, etc.
To Apply: Submit email to email@example.com briefly explaining your interest in serving in this position and what your career aspirations are.